“Gastronomy has been the joy of all peoples through the ages. It produces beauty and wit, and goes hand in hand with goodness of heart and consideration of others.” (Charles Pierre Monselet)
I am, in a word, passionate about food and cooking. As the owner-chef of Cuisine by Design, I am realizing this passion on a daily basis! My love for all things culinary, began to take shape fairly early in life, but really flourished in early adulthood. After completing a Liberal Arts degree, I decided to set aside the books for the kitchen. Many years later, it still feels right!
At Cuisine by Design, my philosophy is “beautiful food, artfully presented”.
Our menus strike the right balance between the familiar, and the new and creative.
This philosophy informs my work for catering functions from small to not so small, private or corporate, in the greater Vancouver area.
In a market swelling with Caterers, what sets me apart?
1. I won’t try to oversell. I believe in giving you what you need and pay for.
2. I will keep you well apprised of your costs throughout the process.
3. I approach every catering order with care and attention to detail.
4. I will respond to your queries in a timely and comprehensive fashion.
5. My on-site services are discreet, professional, courteous and thorough.