In-home Cooking Classes 2018
Spanish Fiesta – $64.50 p.p. plus gst
1. Chilled Tomato and Watermelon Gazpacho “Shots”
2. Salt Cod Fritters with Smoked Paprika Aioli
3. Butter Lettuce Salad with Marcona Almonds, Medjool Dates; Lemon-Honey Vinaigrette
4. Spanish Paella (Chicken, Seafood, Chorizo)
5. Dark Chocolate “Terrine” with hint of Chili, garnished with Olive Oil, Maldon Salt Flakes, Cocoa Nibs
Farmer’s Market Feast – $64.50 p.p. plus gst
1. Fresh Corn “Fritters” with Tomato, Basil and Shallot Relish
2. Baby Arugula Salad with Pine Nuts and Currants; Maple-Balsamic Vinaigrette
3. Grilled/Roasted Rack of Lamb Chops with Mixed Herb Salsa Verde
4. Northern Italian Farro Pilaf with Fennel, Braised Radishes and Citrus
5. Roasted Asparagus with Crispy Brioche Croutons and Cave-aged Gruyere
6. Greek Yogurt Mousse with Height of Summer Berries and Maple Syrup Reduction
1. Tacos al Pastor (Pork and Pineapple)
2. Poblano Peppers and Mushroom Tacos
3. Sauces: Guacamole, Salsa Cruda, Spicy Crema
4. Mexican Rice and Beans with Queso Fresco
5. Endive Salad with Orange Segments and Pepitas, Smoky Cumin Vinaigrette
6. Mexican Flan (Caramel Custard)
Indian Flavours – $59.50 p.p. plus gst
1. Cauliflower, Potato and Pea Pakoras, Cilantro, Mint and Mustardseed Chutney
2. Baby Spinach, Cashew and Mango Salad
3. North Indian Chicken OR Lamb Curry
4. Fragrant Basmati Rice Pilaf
5. “Almost Naan” Skillet Flatbread with Spiced Butter
6. Brown Sugar Roasted Pineapple with Toasted Coconut Crema
French Bistro “Small Plates” – $62.50 p.p. plus gst
Radishes with Sweet Butter and Maldon Sea Sat
Twice-Baked Chevre Souffle, Microgreens Salad
Pissaladiere Nicoise (Onion Tart with Anchovies and Nicoise Olives)
Moules a la Mariniere (Mussels steamed in White Wine and Herbs); Crusty Bread
Apple Tarte Tatin OR Red-Wine Poached Pears with Softly Whipped Cream
Vegetarian Gourmet – $57.50 p.p. plus gst
1. Fava Bean “Hummus” with Herb Oil and Crostinis
2. Leek and Chevre Tart topped with Savoury Lemon-Pepper Whipped Cream
3. Heirloom Tomato Salad with Hazelnuts, Mint and Sherry Vinaigrette
4. Red Quinoa “Risotto” with Arugula, Shitakes and Parmesan
5. Honey-roasted Apricots with Crème Fraiche and Toasted Coconut-Sesame Cookies
Mastering Risotto – $64.50 p.p. plus gst
1. Radicchio, Pear and Hazelnut Salad; Lemon-Honey Vinaigrette
2. Fava Bean, Mint and Tuscan Pecorino Crostini
3. Seafood Risotto
4. Risotto Milanese (Saffron and Parmesan)
5. Crème Fraiche Panna Cotta with Spiced Plum Compote; Cornmeal Butter Cookie
“Salad Days” (plus Dessert) – $57.50 p.p. plus gst
1. Arugula Salad with Roasted Carrots, Blue Cheese and Toasted Walnuts
2. Baby Romaine Caesar Salad with Crispy Shitakes. Croutons and Roasted Garlic Dressing
3. Composed Nicoise Salad (Ahi Tuna, New Potatoes, Haricots Vert, Eggs, Olives, Anchovies)
4. Rustic Bread with Flavoured Butters
5. Browned Butter and Cherry Cakes with Whipped Mascarpone
Seafood Lover’s Class – $67.50 p.p. plus gst
1. Pan-seared Scallops, Hazelnut Brown Butter, Pea Tendrils
2. Pan-roasted Halibut Cheeks with Olive Oil Poached Prawns and Saffron Aioli
3. Silky Potato and Cauliflower Puree
3. Braised Baby Carrots
4. Summer Berries with Classic Zabaglione; Lemon Butter Cookies
NOTE – A NEW FEATURE!
Add a glass of wine to your menu for $5.00 per person (please advise a minimum of 3 days in advance if you would like to take this option).
Two weeks or more advance notice for booking is recommended – under two weeks notice will be on an “as available” basis.
50% deposit required to confirm and guarantee a class. Deposit is non-refundable less than 3 days in advance. Over 3 days in advance the deposit may be applied to a new date. Balance payable at class.
Pricing shown is for 5 or more participants. For groups of more or less, please ask for pricing.
Recipe sets provided for each participant.
Format will entail demonstration and participation as desired and viable.
All food provided. Participants may wish to bring an apron to wear, although this is optional.
Customized classes may be possible (a small supplementary charge may apply) – please enquire.
Classes are roughly 2 ½ to 3 hours in length.